Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 20 September 2018

Slidded off!

'Let's go walkies' said Mum.

'Yippee!' thought I.

Hmmmmmm....... I think we might have got less soggy if we had swum all the way! The towpath was rather like the canal anyway - a loooooooong puddle - all the way! Nearly 5 miles of puddle!

I was a good and dutiful boy though. I guided Mummy well and she was impressed! Because the sky leaked big and bad and nasty all over us all the way, Mummy had her lid on her head - the one that is attached to her crackly fursubstitute. She hates wearing that because she can't hear much from inside it, so I have to step up and look after her extra special much. I did it! Even though the drips were pouring off the end of my nose.

When we arrived and went inside the church building (one that we have been to before - with humanpal Helen there), Mummy took off her pawcovers and poured water out of them! Then she left a trail of pawprints all over the floor. I had to do a bigshake outside the door and then Mummy attacked me with a rubbadub! Heehee! I do like a good rubbadub!

I then got a little bit excited when I got let off-lead and got to give my super enthusiastic greetings to humanbestpals Lindsay and Tim. Mummy said I was making a bit of a twerp of myself. I was just happy to greet my buddies! Heehee!

It seems that the reason for the long soggy walkies was for a whole load of other humans to join us for oooooooodles of yacketying. I just snoozed through it. To begin with, I was on the floor but that wasn't very comfy - it was a hard floor with no carpet. Then I noticed Uncle Tim looking at me..... his eyes were telling me that he needed a hug from me...... I simply had to oblige...... at first just a little hup to give him my loves..... then..... well.... one back paw strayed up onto his lap..... then the other one just followed..... I don't know how that happened....... next thing I knew, I was waking up all comfy next to him! Heehee! Ahem...... Guide Dogs aren't allowed on furniture..... well.... I didn't get on the furniture..... I got onto Tim's lap! It's not my fault I must've slidded off!

Photo shows me snuggled on a brown leather sofa with Uncle Tim and Aunty Lindsay beside me. Shhhhh.... don't tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment