Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Saturday 22 September 2018

Rubbadub.


Cor flippin eck! What a day!

It all started with Mummy and Daddy doing that packing thing - big wheeliecase, fursubstitutes going in, my grooming kit in, a box of my nosh in...... It always makes a bit nervous when that is going on. Thinking about it, I suspect this plan all started hatching yesterday when Mummy's talkybone was in overdrive.

Things got a bit better when I took Daddy for a brief walkies to the Post Office and back, then even bettererer when Aunty Lindsay arrived and I got to take her for a brief walkies! I think she was a bit chuffed at walking out with me! Heehee! When we got back, Daddy was showing Lindsay how to work our floatyboatyhome, then he gave her some of those funny little shinybones on a ring.

Very soon after that, we left floatyboatyhome, along with the stuffed to bursting wheeliecase and other bags too. We said tattybyes to Lindsay and then headed off on a workywalkies to the station. The first train took us into Bumingham where we then did another workywalkies to another station. The second train landed us in that beastly London place, and on to another big workywalkies half way across London. After a while though the leakyskies got a bit too soggy and we rode on a big red bus that got us to yet another station. The third train brought us to Shoreham and yet another workywalkies to Puppa's home.

I got all excited and rushed in (after Mum got me to do a bigshake outside the front door coz I was a soggy doggy). I did my usual zoom into the lounge to find Puppa but he wasn't there! I hunted everywhere, but still couldn't find him! This was all a bit unsettling. A good rubbadub with a towel helped me feel a bit better but I couldn't settle. Where was my Puppa?

Well, after a short rest and my dinner while Mummy and Daddy had a handle-bowl of that hot brown waterstuff, we set off out again for YET ANOTHER workywalkies, and another bus ride, and another workywalkies - into the huge humanvet place. We made a quick stop in the human spending room where Mummy tried to dry me off with little flappy squares from the box on the wall. Then we set off workywalkiesing again through the long corridors, then a 'find the door right, Oaks' brought us to a big room with lots of beds in it. In one of those beds I found my Puppa! That made my tail wag a bit and I got to give his front paw a nuzzle and a kiss. He didn't smell right though, and he had all sorts of long tails attached to all sorts of bits of him. I just laid down while Mummy and Daddy did a bit of yacketying with him.

I got some nice fusses from the ladyhumans in blue fursubstitutes on the way out. That was good. I think I made their mouths go up at the corners!

Then came the final workywalkies, bus ride and workywalkies back again. Part way back on the final bit, Daddy left us, so I had to look after Mummy in the dark and wet to get her back to Puppa's home. I did it! We made it! I got another lovely rubbadub with a towel, then Daddy arrived with a super yummy-smelling bag. I did hope for maybe just one of those little yellow sticks.... or a morsel of that flaky white yumminess in crunchyness...... Nope! They munched it all! Huff! All I got was a beefychewstick! Well..... OK..... that was a welcome treat! Thanks Mummy!

Now, if you will excuse me, I think my eyelids are demanding internal inspection......

No comments:

Post a Comment