Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Roley-Rod!


Rufus and Bronte. My playmates this morning.

Perfect timing methinks! Just as we hopped out onto the towpath, me wearing my towpath bra and Mummy holding onto the other end of my flexilead, I spotted two fellow Labradors coming toward me! Woohoo! Playtime!
 
I think I may have got a tad carried away though - I forgot Mummy was on the other end of my lead! Suddenly, there was a bit of a tug backwards on my bra, then my lead was following me all by itself! Oopsie! Sorry Mummy!

I had a bit of a play while Mummy yacked with Rufus and Bronte's dad, but then it seems they established that we were all heading off the same way along the towpath. That meant that I got to freerun with my newfound pals. A brother and sister team of 1 year old labs is super fun company for a couple of miles jog along the canalside! Eventually, we parted company though and I led Mummy all the way back again with her once again on the end of my lead.

Most of the rest of the day has been all about snoozing while yet more tippetytappetying and crowshaving has been underway.

This evening I got to take Mummy out again on the same route. This time, although I was wearing my towpath bra with flexilead to keep control of Mummy, she also had her Roley-Rod. When we first set out there was still a bit of a glow in the sky, but that disappeared and Mummy lost sight of everything. She had to practice really hard at using Roley, but I looked after her too. I made sure I stayed between her and the watersedge all the way and I slowed down so she could feel her way along. I think she was a bit scared, so I kept stopping and giving her a reassuring nuzzle. I got a mega fuss and kisses and yummies when we made it safely home again.

Photos of me with Rufus and Bronte - 2 golden Labradors, both wearing Julius K9 bras like mine, but different colours. Rufus's is grey and Bronte's is pink.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment