Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 17 October 2016

Freerun, Yeah. Freerun, Yeah!!!!!

Sandy paws. Yayyyyyy! And that was from an unplanned freerun! No complaints from me of course. I think Mum is beginning to understand my squeakspeak - and today she actually heeded my plea. You see, I had worked my paws off guiding Mum on two workywalkieses. The first one was from Granny's flat all the way into town and around town too. The second one was all on brand new territory. This meant I had to work extra hard keeping Mum on the right track. It was really exciting and great to be strutting my stuff on a new challenge.

The first workywalkes into Bournemouth town was a mission to a long snooze. I guided Mum to a big grand building that she called something like 'Aychessbeesee'. We met Dad there and went inside and then into a little room with a nice humanman. I settled down on the carpet under the desk for a snooze while the humans did ooodles of yacketyyacking and talkyboning and clicketyfingersing. I think it is very unfair that Mum and Dad so often get given some of that hot black or brown water they like in these kinds of circumstances and all I get is any measly crumb I might be lucky enough to find on the floor. I assure you I wouldn't want that hot stuff - that is nasty, but a little snack would never be unwelcome..... Ho Hummmmm...... I guess a carpet is nice to snooze on.....

Next came a longish car ride, a bit of a wait in the car while Dad disappeared somewhere with a load of flappysheets to deliver, then another car ride. We finally stopped in a place Dad said is called Weymouth. I got a smidgen excited and squeaky as soon as we stopped because I spied beach. That set of squeaks didn't work though. It seemed I had work to do: I had to guide Mum on a brand new, unknown route that even Dad didn't know. He gives rubbish directions sometimes. I actually bumped into him when he failed to tell us that he was turning a corner. Duh!

Despite all this, we found the building we needed, but it was all locked up. Off we toddled again - this time we headed the right way - towards the big sploshy puddle with floatyboats all over it. Alas though, we only sat beside it for a little while. It seems it was the best place to wait. It made me squeak! A certain approaching passerby made me squeak all the more: A hugenormous puppy! He was twice my size and his humanmum said he is only 3 months old! A Newfoundland, apparently. A fourlegged bouncy carpet more like! I would soooooo have loved to play and he would too, but I was wearing my harness so it was not to be. We had to be satisfied with a sniff and a brief pawing session.

Then the sitting bit was over and we were off again back to that building. This time the door was open and so we went inside. It seems we were there for Mum to go way up high on a big chair with her pawcovers off. A humanman did a little bit of poking and prodding on Mum's back paws, did a huge load of yacketying and then got out some funny pink squidgy stuff and a shiny kind of double spike thing. He stuck his pawpointers through loops on the ends of this double spike and then moved his pawpointers in and out. This seemed to result in it biting through the pink squidgy stuff. He was very close to Mum's back paws so I watched very carefully - I was ready to sort him out if he hurt my Mummy! He didn't and she seemed to be happy so I laid down again. He did a set of these things then stuck the pink squidgy stuff onto flat things and then put them inside Mum's pawcovers. Apparently this is hopefully going to help Mum with her ouchy paws. I hope so, coz that will mean more walkies!

Back into action again, I guided Mum once more through these unknown streets. This time it was to a human yummyery, then on to the pawmenade. This is where the serious squeaking had to be brought into action. Well....I had worked very hard for Mum.....and there were many doggypals down there on the big sandy beach......and I needed a wee......and wellllll.....the beach just makes me squeak with hope anyway! It worked! Heeeeeheeeeee! And it was fabtabulous! Mum removed my harness, noseband and lead and I just couldn't help but do zoomies! Freedom! Then, finding a superb buddy to play with was a super bonus. Jackson the Beagle x Collie was great fun to play chase with. We raced all over the sand and had a wonderful time while our humans did the inevitable yacketying. I was actually quite glad to snuggle down on my bed in the car to recover!

The journey back took like forever though - and it meant that I was in serious danger of wasting away when we got back to Granny's flat. It was waaaaaay past my starvation-alleviation time! And I still had to wait while Mum put stuff down and took off her pawcovers etc..... I really don't know how I found the strength to stagger into the kitchen!  I'm sure I should have had an extra big meal to make up for it.....

Two photos of me strutting my stuff guiding Mum along the pawmenade in Weymouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment