Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 28 May 2017

Sofasnuggles...


zzzzzz....... That's Mummy now! She seems to be absolutely compooperated! And all she has done is a whole load of yackety-yackety-yack-yack-yacking!

This morning, I took Daddy walkies while Mum 'got on with preparing' - whatever that means....??? That, of course is not a complaint at all - I got to have a fantabulous game of chase with with Lilly, the fellow floatyboatydog.

Most of the day was then spent either snoozing inside our floatyboatyhome or out on the towpath where we met with gazillions of humans, minihumans, other doggypals and - above all, Henry - a colleague! Henry is a fellow guide dog - a big black hairy beast who looks after Karen, his ladyhuman. We didn't get to do anything more exciting than meet, greet and kanoodle, but it is always great to meet a colleague!

There were some manhumans doing something extremely yummy-smelling: They had some huge bowl things that were really hot, and on cage things on top,they had super-yummies - sausages and flat round things. Humans were putting these into white squidgy things and then munching them. My mouth did some serious dripping at that but to no avail. Hummmmphhhh!

This evening, I took Mummy workywalkies on a slightly roundabout route (no complaints - we explored some twittens and therefore new routes - always good and exciting!) to the church where we have been a few times in the last week. We went inside and I got to chill out while Mum and Dad, plus some other floatyboatyhumans put chairs in rows and put human-drinking-bowls in rows and twiddled knobs and various other strange things. More humans arrived and sat in the seats, with hot brown stuff in their humandrinkingbowls. After a little while, Mum went up on the raised floor and did ooooooooodles of yachetying. She had a tiny little lollipop attached to her fursubstitute. I could hear her from a box on the wall.
While she was yacketying, I got to curl up and relax under some chairs, at the paws of some of my humanfriends.

Mum was telling everyone all about our story. Pictures of me and Mum and others appeared on the white wall behind her. At the end, I got to demonstrate some of my obedience! That was worth doing - yummy worth doing! Obedience = treats!

At the end of all this, everybody banged their front paws together, stuff was packed away,and, eventually we left. I took Mummy workywalkies on another extended, roundabout route home to our floatyboat. After finding several of our floatyboatyhumanfriends standing on a corner munching hot yellow yummysticks from paper packs, we went via some of the twittens and Mum got disorientated as it was getting dark. She asked me then to 'find the way home'. Well, I knew the way - via the corner where all the munching was going on! I headed straight there! The humans had gone, but they had left mess behind them on the pavement! Well....I couldn't possibly leave that mess there could I? I mean.....that would have been so wrong! Hoovering dutifully done, I guided Mum home to our floatyboatyhome.

We had to wait at the cage across the road while a very fast and noisy train went by. Then, once we reached the towpath again, I got to have a bit of a play with Lilly again! I think I'm falling in love......Lilly is a bit littler than me and she is a very pale golden labrador. She is fantabulous fun! She found a huge stick and we had a game of chase with it. At one point I got possession of it and ran off with it along the towpath. Lilly's humanmum, Sue. yelped as I ran past her. She says I am lacking in spacial awareness when I am running with a big stick in my mouth......... Ooopsie!

Now, Mum seems to have a humandrinkingbowl on a stick and it is filled with stinky red water. She is on the sofa......I think it is sofasnuggles time!

No comments:

Post a Comment