Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Starved to Within an Inch of my Life!


BONUS!!

It is always nice to hop onto the towpath to meet and greet passing pooch pals, even better when that pooch pal is a fellow Labrador, but when that passing pooch pal is a Labrador who also is a Guide Dog Puppy in training, that is the tops!

I had workywalkiesded nearly 4 miles looking after Mummy, working locks and guiding her on the challenging towpath (challenging for Mummy - not for me! 4paws vs 2 paws - no contest yet again!). I had snoozed for a brief while on my mat under the table. I was ready for a bit of fun and then along came Keeley. Perfect timing and just perfect for a super few minutes of tail-wagging delight!

On the workywalkies, I had to work quite hard keeping Mummy out of danger. The towpath was quite 'rural'; all rocky and rugged in some places, but most of it was very grassy. The grass was hiding lots of Mummypaw-twisty lumps and bumps. Some stretches seemed to be trying to tip us into the splosh with its sloping surface. We didded it though! We got to all the locks safely and I did lots of 'find the beam', 'find the bollard', 'find the paddle' and a few 'walk the plank' commands. I think I rather impressed a few passing humans! Just doing my job!

This evening I took Daddy for a nice leisure walkies. 'Just a little one' he said....... SIX MILES it was!! Apparently that shop was further away than he thought! I was famished by the time we got home! It was a whole hour past my dinnertime! Huhhhh!!!! I just about managed to make it to my bowl..... no extra portions to make up for the delay though! Huff!

I did get one of the nice big juicy carrots that I helped Daddy to get! I forgive!

3 photos:


1 Me supervising Mummy atop a lock
2 & 3 playtime with Keeley (yellow lab x retriever girlie 8 months old)

No comments:

Post a Comment