Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Saturday 14 July 2018

Big Juicy Carrot!

MMMMM!....Thanks Mummy. A yummy big juicy carrot - just the job for a 'hairy hero' as you seem to want to call me. Actually I was just doing my job, but I'm happy to accept the accolade - and definitely happy to accept the yummy!

It was a a good workywalkies into this Whitchurch town near where we are moored. Daddy had given Mummy directions and off we set. Mum insisted on giving me a duff direction. I followed her instruction. She started to doubt herself and stopped. 'Hang on Oaks. Are we going the right way?' I just gave her a big sigh and turned her around to head back to the right route! Then we had to cross a road by one of those funny big white blobs on the floor - the ones with several roads going to it. I took Mummy to the dippy-down bit of kerb. We stopped. She listened and then told me to 'Forward'. I stayed firmly put! You see, Mummy says she has really good hearing. I suppose for a human it is pretty good, but she hadn't heard that car coming! It wasn't making normal vrooming noises. She told me I was a super clever boy and made a mega fuss of me! Then we went safely across the road.

We went into town, wandered around a few shoppy streets, went into a few shops. Then Mummy got all disorientated. 'Hang on Oaks. Where are we? Which way is Boots?' I knew exactly where to find Boots! It was just around the corner. I took her straight to the door! 'Oh my goodness Oakie! How did you know that? Clever boy!' Well....I'm not giving away my secrets - she can just accept that I am far smarter than she is! Heehee!

Then it seemed that the shopping was all done and it was time to 'Find the way home Oakie'. Yep! No problem.... This way Mum! Off we set. Another road to cross and another near-miss. This time it was a loonyvroomer that came around the corner so fast that he nearly hit us. I jumped and pulled Mummy backwards just in time!

Then, as we were heading towards home, I steered Mummy onto a much nicer route - away from the roads and along a lovely tree-tunnel path. She had no idea of the way but I had clearly proved to her that I knew what I was doing, so she let me take her. She even followed me to a couple of trees, slightly off track, that really needed watering! Heehee!


Photo close up of me with my big juicy carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment