Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Queueueueueueueueueue

Three miles of workywalkies along the towpath. Then another mile to and fro and to and fro and to and fro...... at the two locks! There was a queueueue (sorry - didn't know when to stop ue-ing) of floatyboats at the first lock so Mummy and I set to work helping with all the windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully stuff - over and over and over again. Well.... I suppose the truth is that Mummy did all that. I just had to keep her under supervision while I lay down and absorbed the fusses! It's a tough life sometimes!

The workywalkies was good though. Most of it was on good towpath, so easy for Mummy to walk on and therefore easy for me to guide her. Actually, there wasn't really much for me to do, so it was just a pleasant stroll really. It was quite yummy too on and off. It seems that Mummy was 'working on some discipline'. That appears to mean repeating the command 'Leave' whenever I attempted to veer for a sniff of a leaf or for a doggypal greeting. When I did manage to leave, I got a 'Good boy to leave' and a yummy to prove it! There were two leave-its that were utterly impossible to obey though! Sky the collie buddy that I met yesterday came to greet me. He was lucky - freerunning and way ahead of his humandad. He came running straight up to me so I simply couldn't 'leave' him! It was OK though; Mummy laid down my harness handle which means I can meet and greet but I'm not allowed to play - no matter how hard I try to get away with a little fun. So, we sniffed and circled each other and then had to go our separate ways. It was nice to meet up with him again though. The other irresistible was a Springer Spaniel that reminded me of my old buddy Pilot. I may just have forgotten my manners a smidge as I pulled Mummy to greet. Sadly though, it wasn't Pilot, so it was just another sniff-greet and then on our way again.

There were stretches of towpath that weren't so easy going. The towpath was nice and wide all the way today, but some bits were rather rough and rugged. I had to work quite hard steering Mummy around the dips and trips and onto the more level bits. She was a good Mummy though; she followed my guidance well!

Photo shows me sitting atop the first lock of today, supervising the workings.

No comments:

Post a Comment