Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 5 July 2018

Ruined Street Cred!

Oh! The shame!

Mummy made me wear my numptyrobe in public! I have zero street-cred now!

It was rather a hangy-out-tongue day today and we had 20 locks to deal with. Mummy said it was too hot to ask me to work, so she put my swim-bra on me instead of my work-bra. Sadly, I didn't get to swim at all because there was nowhere safe to go splosh. I just plodded with Mummy behind me all the way and Mummy followed my waggy-flag. I still took care of her; there was a few times I had to stop and make sure she realised there was a potential whoops on the towpath. Tree-toes, big rocks and a couple of crumbly bits of bank. At every opportunity, and especially at every lock, Mummy got me to sit in the shadiest place we could find. There were a few where there simply was no such thing though.

For a while, Mummy tried to get me to stay inside floatyboatyhome while Daddy did a bit of windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully stuff, but I squeaked and whinged my serious disapproval of that idea. That was when she got out my numpty coat (the one I usually have to get wrapped in after I've been frothed). She dunked it in the sink and made it all wet, then twisted it to make it a bit less drippy, then she put it on me. She said it would help to keep me cooler outside with the skyhotball burning down on us.
I suppose it did help a bit, but I am so glad I didn't meet any passing buddies until after I managed to have a good roll, covering it in towpath-grubbiness! I think that gave it a slightly more presentable appearance, and it persuaded Mummy that it was time for it to be removed! Phew! Just in time to meet a fellow black Lab for a good few minutes of chasing and boxing! How could I have faced such a meeting looking so very uncool?

Photo of me wearing my dusty blue coloured micro-fleece towelling 'bath robe', which wraps around my whole body. I am standing in front of Mummy, attached to her belt by my long yellow lead. Mummy has her back to the lock beam, ready to push on it. In the background is a big line of green bushes and the towpath is all pale-coloured dry dusty earth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Oakley - Monty has a cool coat for hot days and yes it is still considered to be a numpty coat, but it really does keep him cool. There is a picture of him wearing it yesterday here - https://pippa13.blogspot.com/2018/07/we-overshot-5-july-2018.html. It is called 'Easidri' - a high performance cooling coat. Everynow and then you have to pour water over it, but if you keep it damp it really does work. They aren't cheap - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easidri-High-Performance-Cooling-Coat-Grooming-Towels-All-Sizes-Show-Dogs-/261479277723?var=&clk_rvr_id=1589740711873&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=twenga&utm_campaign=twenga&utm_param=eyJlcyI6MCwicyI6OTcyMDIzNywiY2kiOiIwM2QyZTBjMTdjMWQzYzJhYzYyMTY0M2I2ZTQ4ZWM0MCIsImkiOiIyMzUyMzQ0Mzc5NjE3NjgxMTgyIiwidHMiOjE1MzA4OTc1NzksInYiOjMsInNvIjoxNTAwLCJjIjoxNDkwMTl9&rmvSB=true. I am sure they are available cheaper elsewhere. A good investment though. It is the one coat that Monty does not seem to mind wearing. Jennie, Chris and Monty xx

    ReplyDelete