Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Funtime Exploits!


A great start to the day. A freerun is always a superb way to get going.
We didn't get up all that early. Eyelids didn't want to open after all of yesterday's happenings. Then Daddy started getting floatyboatyhome ready to rumble. Mummy was getting ready for workywalkies. Then Graham, our floatyboatyhome humanpal came and joined us for the walkies. That meant that Mummy realised that she could walk with Graham and let me off duty! So, after just a few moments, off came my harness and lead and off whizzed me! I didn't want to waste a moment of playing opportunity and there was a pooch pal passing by! Actually, there were several pooch pals to play with along the way. It was great!

That stretch of fun ran out when Graham left us and went back to his floatyboatyhome, but the very last bit was fantabulous! Mummy and Graham had gone 'over the bridge' and I had dutifully followed. Mummy was doing a whole load of windy-windy-windy stuff to a big round box thing. The bridge was going up and up and up. A poochpal appeared on the towpath the other side. I zoomed up the steep bridge and leapt across onto the towpath. I had a fab game of chase with that little chap. Mummy and Graham seemed to be standing with their jowls hanging open. It seems they were a bit amused and astounded that I did that big leap! Mummy started doing her windy-windy-windy stuff the other way and the bridge started coming back down again. Then she blew the 'get back here' whistle. I did as bid.....so did my little playbuddy. His human called him back to his side of the bridge. I got my good-boy-to-come-back yummy, then followed my buddy. Whistle again - whizz back for another yummy - back with little buddy again - whistle again - another yummy.......and clamped on lead! Harrrrrrumph! Little buddy walked on with his human. Game over. Windy-windy-windy........up-up-up bridge. Floatyboatyhome through, then windy-windy-windy down-down-down. Mummy and Graham finally stopped giggling and Graham said byebye.

So that was that bit of fun over. On went my harness and I was back into workywalkies mode. I was a bit tired out by my funtime exploits, so it was a bit of a slow workywalkies along the towpath. Mummy took pity on me after while and, when Mummy felt we were on a good stretch of towpath with good light, it was off again with my harness and lead. Suddenly I somehow found an extra burst of energy and managed a good roll and a few romps, but the best bit was the freedom to sniff all the weemails along the way! Of course, I had to leave some replies too.....

A bit of cruise brought us to tonight's mooring. Mummy says it is a place called Ellesmere. Here I got to take Mummy out again, leaving Daddy behind. We went to the nearby Tesco. That meant I had some serious work to do: Unknown territory and Mummy struggling a bit with her eyesight. So, I had to 'Find the door' then 'Find the way in' (it wasn't a straight-in entrance, then 'Find a basket'. All executed pawperfect of course! Then it was the usual 'find left' 'find right' 'hang on a moment', ' where's the cucumber? ..... Ooh! clever boy! Thank you!'.....

At the back of the shop, there was a yummy smelling bit where Mummy asked me to 'find the counter'. I was a bit miffed that the counter had big Oakley-proof windows on the front! The stuff behind looked soooooo good! Mummy asked the ladyworkyhuman for some ham and some beef and some cheese. I offered to carry each of them but got told to get my schnozzle out of it! Huffff! Then the nice ladyworkyhuman came around to the front and lifted up one of the windows! I thought it was my chance to 'inspect' the display........my tail went berserk......but meanie meanie Mummy told me to 'leave it' and tugged me backwards! HARRRRUMMPH!

No comments:

Post a Comment