Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 23 July 2018

Floatyboathome vet!

7 miles ..... just 7 miles ..... why have we stopped Mummy? Surely we could do another 7 mileszzzzzzzzzz.........

It all started with a very short cruise into a floatyboatyhome kennel with a floatyboatyhome vet in it. The floatyboatyhome vet fitted our floatyboatyhome with a new tail. This included a lot of loud banging which was a bit scary, but I got to take Mummy walkies while most of that was going on.

Then we cruised a bit more - until there was a loud grrrrrrrr from underneath and we stopped - in the middle of the canal. Some nice manhumans got hold of floatyboatyhome's front lead and pulled hard while the rumbler under the back deck growled super loudly. Eventually, we were free again and cruised on. This took us over the canal in the sky again too - not the mega high one - that was yesterday, but the slightly less scary one. It was OK. We survived and moored up quite soon afterwards.

Mummy and Daddy munched lunch, then waited for the froth monster to finish chewing the towels. Once they were hanging to flap on the lines on the front deck, we set off out.

This workywalkies took us back across the canal in the sky again - but walking on the towpath this time; much better! This workywalkies went on and on..... on roads with no pawments... up steep hils ..... up VERY steep hills...... and eventually to a hugegiganticenormous house. One of those houses with round bits at the corners and a huge cage door and giant bottom teeth on the roof. Ooooh! It was bliss inside there - not because of all the fusty old stuff that the humans seem to find so fascinating - but because the stone floor was delectably cool to lie down on! Apparently it was called Chirk Castle. I found some nice fusses from some nice humans there. I wouldn't mind going back again!

I would have sooooo loved to get to freerun in the garden - it was maaaaaahooooosive! Alas, it seems that pooches are not allowed to freerun when there are baaing clouds on legs around, and there were lots of them - and huge mooing beasties too.

The route back was different from the one that got us there; much less of the pawmentless road. Instead, we went through gates and across fields with loads of mooing beasties and clouds on legs in them. I wanted to go play with them but Mummy reminded me that I was on duty and so I had to 'Leave' them all. I tried very hard to do my duty to clean up the floor of all the little black nuggets and a few big brown splats, but I had to 'Leave' them too. Meanie Mummy!

Mummy stopped many times and got my squishy water bowl out of my bag, poured water into it and gave me a drink, then she poured some of the water onto my head and ears! I wasn't too sure what to make of that, but she said ti was to help cool me down a bit. Hmmmm!!

On the way back I got to have a bit of a play with a fellow floatyboatydog; Sky, a blue marl Welsh Collie with one blue eye and one brown eye. He was great fun and we had a bit of a game of chase on the towpath before it was time to walk across the towpath in the sky again - it was way past my dinnertime! I just about made it home in time before I died of starvation!!! The little bone for afters was welcome! Thanks Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment