Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Friday 20 July 2018

Ponty-Something!


Whoa! That was high!

Two bits of canal in the sky and two dark tubes today.

It all started as a civilized workywalkies along the towpath. Then we came to a huge high up bridge with the canal going over it beside the towpath. Mummy says this is called the Chirk Aqueduct. I think Mummy was a bit nervous about walking over it, but I looked after her. It was fine. The towpath was nice and wide and there was a cage beside it to keep us safe. We made it across and Daddy followed behind with floatyboatyhome.

Next, the towpath took us into a long dark tube of doom. This is the first time I have workywalkiesded Mummy through one of those! I think it was a bit better than chugging through on floatyboatyhome. I really don't like doing that! Workywalkiesing through was a challenge though. It was RRREEEAAAALLLYYY dark in there! Mummy got out her talkybone and it made a bright light, which helped a bit. It meant that I could see where to go, but Mummy was still totally clueless. She said 'Ouch' a few times because she donked her noddle on the curvy-over wall/ceiling. We made it though! I did good!

Then we got back aboard floatyboatyhome and enjoyed a bit of a chug along before we chugged into another tube of doom. This was only a short one though so it was survivable!

The next bit of the chugging was scary though: We chugged over a huganticginormous canal in the sky! Daddy says it is called the Ponty-something Aqueduct and it is 200 paws high over the River Dee. Mummy kept a tight hold on my lead, attached to my bra but I didn't dare go very near the edge of the back deck! It was a looooooooong way down and there was NO cage or wall or fence or anything - just the thin edge of the water-tube! I had a quick look down and then scurried to safety inside the warmrainbox!
Next time I dared to emerge onto backdeck it was all safe again! Phew!

A lovely long, steady plod along another stretch of towpath was very welcome after that!

6 Photos:
 
Me in a sit at the beginning of the Chirk Aqueduct, on a nice wide towpath with a railing on the side and the canal trough on the other. Below is green fields and trees in the background. There is a railway viaduct alongside the aqueduct.

Mummy and me after we made it across.

Me in a sit on the towpath before we started chugging across the mega high aqueduct. There is a railing along the towpath but the water side is open.

Mum with me at the same spot.

Me on back deck, wearing my bra and lead, looking very cautiously down at the green fields a VERY long way below.

Looking back over the Pontythingy Aqueduct after we reached the safety of the other side. Phewy!

No comments:

Post a Comment