Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Really Depressed!

Just two locks today, but we did them over and over and over again..... to and fro.... windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully..... back again to the other end..... windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully..... back again.......................... and again.... and again... Finally, it was actually our floatyboatyhome that came into the deep rectangle and Mummy did all the workings for the last time..... until we got to the next lock. Then it started all over again, but thankfully less times as there were fewer floatyboaties waiting at this one.

It was a good workywalkies leading up to the locks though. Mummy didn't put my iconic white Guide Dogs harness on me for that; instead she put my swim-bra on and clicked my yellow lead onto that. It was great! It gave me the freedom to have a bit of a sniff about, but I still looked after Mummy; guiding her around the hazards on the towpath (there were quite a lot of spikysticks hanging from the hedges and many many tree toes sticking up through the floor). Mummy just asked me to 'go ahead' and she followed my best end!

Before all of this, I started the day by doing some normal workywalkies, wearing my proper Guide Dog harness. I took Mummy to Tesco again. On the way though, we stopped to visit a fan on another floatyboatyhome. It was nice to meet Jackie and Paul. Of course, there was the inevitable session of human yacketying, but I squeaked my protest and eventually, we said our tattybyes and I finished the job of going to get my big juicy carrots (and a few other things too).

The rest of the day has been spent cruising. I did get to have a bit of a play with Eric and Mollie - passing pooches when we moored up for the night. I did have to tell Eric off though when he took a bit of a fancy to my food box! Nobody gets my nosh!

Photo of me looking really depressed (I promise I wasn't!) standing waiting forever at the lock top, wearing my blue bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment