Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 22 July 2018

Sperlosh!


Sperlosh! Woohoo!

I swimmed! I swimmed! I swimmed! Yayyyhayyyy!

We moved mooring to the 'accessible' one - whatever that means. I think it is easier for Mummy because it has a solid edge rather than the wobbly floatyfloor that we were against before. That meant that I could enjoy a big area of grass (well..... sort of..... kinda dry crispy stuff anyway) and Mummy did a whole load of frothy-scrubby stuff, attacking the flappy wall thingy from the front of floatyboatyhome. I kept well out of the way. I did not want a frothing! I took Daddy for a walkies instead. Much safer!

This afternoon, Mummy sat outside on the crispy grassish and did some of that crowshaving thing. I settled down by her chair to look after her, but it was a bit tongue-hangy-outy. Mummy finished her crowshaving (well - that one bit anyway) and put it away. Then ..... Wayhay! She got a couple of my toys out. She led me to the grassy bank at the back of floatyboatyhome and I discovered a ledge that I could paddle on. Then Mummy threw my ball into the water! She kept telling me to 'go on - jump' and 'you can do it Oaks' and 'get your ball'. Well I tried very hard to whimper my ball back to me. I pawed the water and squeaked my bestest 'come here' messages to it, but it didn't come quite close enough. Then Mummy got her back paws down into the paddling ledge bit. That made me braver!

Sperlosh! In I dived! I got my ball back, climbed out and gave Mummy a lovely shower with my big shake! Then she threw my blue squeaky hippo in - this time further away. No problem! Sperlosh! Straight in! I got the hang of launching myself into the water.

It was great fun! Over and over again! There were some humans on the towpath opposite and they stopped to watch me and cheered every time I sploshed and every time I climbed out and showered Mummy! Heeheehee!

I got an early dinner (most welcome!) and then had workywalkies to do. I guided Mummy and Daddy up through town and to a church. It seems that humanhowling is not just for Sundays! There were some lovely fusses to be had there and a very nice carpet to sprawl out on! It was a very pleasant evening. I even got a lovely big bowl of water to slurp while all the humans were having those hot brown slurps of theirs!

4 photos:
1 Trying to persuade my ball to come to me - balanced on the edge of the paw-deep ledge, pawing at the water.
2 Big splosh! Action shot as I launch myself into the water.
3 Swimming to fetch my blue hippo.
4 A good roll on the dry grass is the perfect way to end a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment