Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 19 November 2018

Superdog!

Back to work today! Yayy!

It was a snoozy morning after a good night's zzzzes for all of us. I think I rather like my new highbed arrangement!

Mummy's talkybone dingalinged and it seems that Vetlady Cat was inside it. Apparently she had checked out the redjuice that she stole from my neck and it is all OK. This means that my seas year wasn't caused by anything to do with my liver or kid knees (surely my knees are as old as I am???). Apparently this is good news but it doesn't explain why it happened. Mummy did lots of yacketying all about me - not only to Catvet, but also, afterwards, to a Guide Dogs manhuman too. She told them all about my darktime happenings of late, as well as about what we've been doing in the lighttimes. Apparently we are OK to go back to workywalkiesing, but perhaps on a gentle restart programme. The hope is that I never have another seas year. I hope to too. It wasn't nice!

So, after all that yacketying, Mummy and I left Daddy to get on with building a wagsite for someone. We went on a workywalkies to the Posty Office to dispatch some more calendars. Then we went on to Lidl's for a few bits for humandins. When we came out of there, it was dark. Mummy really struggles to navigate in the dark, especially when the cars' bright eyes hurt her eyes and dazzle out all hope of seeing anything. So, I had to step up and rescue her.
'Find the way home Oaks' she said.

'OK Mum, but I just need to sniff this corner first ..... and I really need to water this bush.....'.

'Oakie, come on. I need you. Find the way home'.

'Oh yeah... errr.... sorry.... ahem'.

It seems that she got all disorientaterated. She started hesitating. This was my chance to shine. I gave her a good tug forward. 'OK. Come on then Oaks. Show me what you're made of. Over to you.'

Up the road, over the crossing, left up the hill...... then a turn right. I don't think Mum was expecting that. She hesitated again. I gave her another firm tug forward. 'OK. I trust you. Find the way.'

Further up the road, off kerb to get around a big bush blocking the pawment. Then a sharp turn right and downslope. 'Are you sure Oaks?' Another tug forward and she felt the little sticky-up ridges on the ground, so she realised I was taking her down to the towpath, then left and back to home.

Of course I was sure! Superdog is back in action!

We still have some calendars, mugs, coasters and keyrings left and I like taking Mummy to the Posty Office so please get your orders in.
 
www.guidedogoakley.org.uk/shop.html.
 
Calendar Front Cover.

Calendar Back Cover, showing all the photographs.

Mugs.

Keyrings.

Coasters.

2 comments:

  1. We are glad to hear that the news from the vet was all good. We have friends who own a Black Lab and she had a seizure one night a year or so ago -thankfully there has not been a repeat, so I hope the same will be the case for Oakley. Take care all of you and yes, Oaks - you are a very clever and very special dog. Jennie, Chris and Monty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear you are feeling better, Oakley. Colleague Imelda sends you love and kisses !

    ReplyDelete