Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Sunday 4 November 2018

Mindfully Bertie...


Sorry for no Facebark update yesterday. It would seem that my need for cuddles in the night is causing some extra tiredness. We were out last night and so it was very bedtime when we got home.

Yesterday included a bus ride to a Pets at Home, a new extra collar for me (Mum says it is supposed to make me feel all calm and happy and help me sleep better...... We shall see......), then a rather pleasant 3 and a bit miles workywalkies home again. Then, while I was having my dinner, there was a knock-knock-knock on the roof of floatyboatyhome. That put me is a serious quandary: finish dinner or go greet???? I did both! Dinner disappeared in record time then I dashed to meet our visitor. It was Aunty Lindsay; our fellow floatyboatyhome ladyhumanpal. That meant lots of hugs and fusses and liberally applied kisses! Then we all went out and found Uncle Tim by his car. More greetings and kisses! Heeheeeee!

Next came a ride in Tim's car to a human yummyery, where a few little white grains and some bits of crispy disks fell my way for hoovering. Then we went to another building nearby where we found lots of humans and rows of chairs. Usually this means a boring lie down for me but this was different! I got to wander around meet and greet and play! It was fantabulous. Seldom do I find so many human pals willing to play 'catch me if you can' with my squeaky sprout toy! Heeheeheeheehee! I did have to do a bit of 'lie down' while some yacketying went on, but then something really weird happened:
Aunty Lindsay sat on a chair at the front and another ladyhuman used a buzzingbone to buzz all over her head. ALL of her headfur fell to the floor!
Apparently this was all to make extra shinydisks for Guide Dogs and for something called Midland Freewheelers (humans who go on vroomywheelies to take emergency supplies of red ouch-juice and other humanvet supplies to places).

Today started early. We went workywalkies to the train station, then got on a train to London. Another visit to Marley's Bone Station and still I haven't found Marley or his bones! It was all very exciting - we walked out of their and (after a visit to a tree!) went a different way to our usual route! We went to something called a tube station, so |I had to guide Mummy down a lot of steps. This took us to another train - a hugely looooooooooong train! It was like stepping inside a giant snake! We were right at the very back but I was looking down the corridor and could see the wiggling full length of it!

We got off at a station called Wimbledon and went outside to find a manhuman friend we haven't seen for ages. His name is Bob and he has a teddybear that I am not allowed to play with. (Apparently this teddybear is called Bertie and he writes his own blog www.mindfullybertie.org.uk). We then went for a ride in Bob's car and ended up on familiar territory. Mum says it is called Tems Ditton.

A short workywalkies took us to a human yummyery where we met Debbi and Ryan! Yayyyyyy! Happy greetings! (Ryan does superb ear rubs and rib-tickles!). Then we went to a familiar building with lots of rows of seats in it. I then got to snooze through a whole load of human howling from up on the highfloor, while Debbi sat at the front tickling the black and white teeth of her plinkynoisebox. At the end there was lots of human pawbanging and then some more great fusses!

The train ride home was a bit of a squish as it was really crowded. I had to stay curled up tightly under the table until some people got off. Then another workywalkies through town - all in the dark so I had to work super hard to look after Mummy - and we are now safe and snug back aboard floatyboatyhome. Phewwwwyyyy!

4 photos:
 



1&2 - Lindsay kneeling on the floor after having her headfur buzzed off.
3 - me posing with the humans who had been humanhowling up on the highfloor (apparently they are called the Hinchley Manor Operatic Society)
4 - me looking down the length of the huuuuuugely long tube train

No comments:

Post a Comment