Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 6 December 2018

Home Again!


Home again!

I'm not entirely sure whether to be waggy or huffy though. Of course, it is good to be home aboard floatyboatyhome, and Mummy's back legs make the bestest pillow - with built in chin rubs and ear-rubs too..... and it is good to be able to provide Mummy with carrot-trimmings disposal services..... but..... I love Aunty Brenda and Uncle Malcolm too - and of course my DaddyDixon. The bestest playmate ever!

It all started with a ride in Aunty Brenda's car. It was scary in the carbum area without my Daddy for company though, so I climbed over onto the back seat. It was safer and nicer there! We vroomed all the way to a train station where we found Mummy and Daddy! Yayyyyyy! That was definitely a waggy moment! We were only there for a few moments though before we all got back into Aunty Brenda's car for another ride. This time we vroomed to a big Guide Dogs School.

There were gazillions of colleagues there but also gazillions of Guide Dogs Boss Humans, so there was no kanoodling or even meeting and greeting allowed! I just had to squeak from a distance to them all.

We all (Mummy, Daddy, Aunty Brenda and me) waited around for ages, then went into a room with three other humans in it, and a vet-table. It seems that two of the other humans were Guide Dogs Boss Humans - one of them was Mr Michael who is in charge of the 'Health and Welfare' of me and my colleagues. There was also a very nice vetman. I had to hup onto the table, and Mr Vetman poked and prodded me all over, and dazzled me with a bright light-bone. He pulled my legs and tugged my paws and wiggled just about every bit of me. I really wasn't too sure whether to like him or not. A yummy persuaded me that perhaps he was worth liking though!

The humans all did ooooooooodles of yacketying about me. Mummy blabbed about my funny turns in the dark times and my seas year the other week. Aunty Brenda dobbed me in for dragging my back paws and for singing in the night. Even Daddy joined in by grassing me up for my choral contributions when I was working locks with Mummy! Mr Vetman listened to all this and said that I don't make sense! How rude is that? He said that my night-time funny turns and my seas year all point to something called eppy lep tricks, but I am too old for that to happen for no apparent reason. But then he said I am too young for some other possible cause to be typically likely.

Apparently next week I have to go to a vet hopsittle to have a special sleep and, while I am asleep, I will have an Emmar Eye Scan to find out if there is anything inside my head. If there's not, then I hope that means I get more food to fill it up!

It has been good to get back to work today - I guided Mummy all the way from the Guide Dogs School, to a human pawcovers shop (I got a bit of a snooze and some nice fusses in there), then into town and then to the train station. The train was really full up and there was nowhere for us to sit, so a nice ladyhuman took us to the posh bit, so I got to snooze on something called Furs Class carpet - with space to stretch out a bit by Mummy and Daddy's back paws!

Then it was into super-workywalkies mode to guide Mummy home to floatyboatyhome in the dark. This included some very dark and crumbly-rickety-broken downsteps. We made it though! I did my job good!

Now, if you will excuse me, I think I have some sofasnuggles to catch up with.

3 photos:
 
Reunion with Mummy at the trainstation.
 
 
Mr Vetman poking and prodding and tugging and wiggling me all over.

My bestest pillow: Mummy's back legs on the sofa!


No comments:

Post a Comment