Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Swim Bra

I can dive!!

Ahem......well.....I can go big splosh anyway.....

I took Daddy for a long plod this morning so he could put a big black bag into a big bin. After that, it was a snoozy-tongue-hangy-out day. That was until Mummy put my swim-bra on me and we set off along the towpath. I had to find a way to get into the canal to rescue my toy. Mummy threw it in! I kind of laid down on the edge of the bank, with my front paws in the water. But it was a straight-down edge. I don't do straight-down edges. I can't wade in from a straight-down edge! I squeaked my most pathetic 'I can't do it' squeak. Mummy just kept saying 'Go on....you can do it......in you go'. Well.....I simply had to go rescue my squeaky santa toy, so I plucked up all my courage and wriggle forward and then there was a big splosh! I was in! I was swimming! Yeaaaayyyy! It was bliss!

I swam back to Mummy and managed to scrabble my way out again. I got her with a pretty good big shake. Then she threw my squishy ball into the canal! So, I had to do it all again.....and again.....and again......

Each time I got a bit more brave and did a bigger splosh with less squeaking. Then, after a few goes at this, we walked back towards floatyboatyhome. There was a gap between boats and Mummy yet again, threw squeaky Santa in. I launched myself in to rescue him. I got him. I swam back to the bank but couldn't quite manage to scrabble out again. Mummy was trying to tell me to 'come here'. I think she wanted to use my swim bra to heft me out but I was having none of that indignity! I swam all the way back to where I was getting out before. That meant a good swim alongside 6 floatyboatyhomes, and a few gaps between them. It was a long swim, but I did it! And.....the bonus.....when I climbed out, Mummy was just in the right place for a REALLY good soaking with a superb BIG shake! Heeheeheee!

After that, and a good towelrub, we set off a-cruising, so I got to dry off on the back deck as we glided along. I did have to look after Mummy working four locks - all spread out with a cruise in between each. I was still wearing my swim-bra so Mummy just asked me to 'go ahead' and she followed my wagging flag. I looked after her. I showed her where there were holes in the bank so she didn't go tumbles!


Photo shows me lying down by a sign at a lock, wearing my blue swim-bra harness and bright yellow lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment