Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Friday 15 June 2018

New Dog!

We've been inspected...Checked-up-on....assessed!

Mummy's talkybone dingalinged, Mummy yacked to it, then it was action stations; harness on, lead on and 'let's go'.....

Great! I thought...... 'Let's go find Tesco's' Mum said.......Ugh! How boring! Ploddypaws mode deployed! Sniff destraction attempted - with limited success.....But we didn't actually go to Tesco's - we kept going 'Straight on' past - through the twitten and on all the way to the busy road. We got to the bleepycrossing where we sometimes go across, I checked with Mummy, but she said 'Not today. Straight on'. So straight on we went...... all the way to the end, then to the bleepycrossing there. Then I had to 'get the button'.  Yummy! I do enjoy being asked to 'get the button' those buttons dispense worthwhile rewards! Then it was across the road when the bleeper bleeped. I got all hopeful then that we would go straight on and into the twitten system where I've got to freerun before. No though. Mummy got it all wrong and insisted on 'Find left'. That meant more plodding along the pavement with quite a few stops at kerbs. Then it was a 'find the towpath' - that meant a right turn and a 'find the steps', then 'Downsteps' and 'Find right' along the towpath and back to floatyboatyhome.

When we arrived at floatyboatyhome, Mummy removed my harness and lead and then I spotted a familiar blue fursubstitute top on a ladyhuman that I remember from a while ago. She is a Guide Dogs Mobility Instructor (or Obey Me Or Else OMOE) called Micheala. She is really nice! I gave her a special demonstration display of my best side as I had a good roll and rub on the towpath before getting aboard floatyboatyhome.

After that, it was time for me to retreat to my hideyhole under the table while the inevitable hours and hours and hours of human yacketying went on. At least the subject of the yacketying was important: ME! It seems that I am still doing OK, but I think I heard stuff about something called 're-tyre-ring' sometime in the not too distant future. I am sure I heard mention of Mummy beginning the process of 'going on the waiting list for a new dog'........ Hooooooowwwwwwwllllllllll! I am really not sure I like the sound of that ..... although I did pick up on something that implies that means I might get a buddy to live with. Mummy assures me though, that, for now, I am still her hairy hero and her number one boy and nothing is going to happen anytime soon. Phewwww! That's OK then. I don't think I want to be re-tyred yet.


Photo shows me lying down aboard floatyboatyhome, beside OMOE Michaela, with Mummy behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment