Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Huffy Puffy, Wiggly Jiggly!


Team Towpath. In Action. Aaaaaalllll day.

About 5 miles in total. Lots of locks. Lots of waiting and to-ing and fro-ing between lockbeams. At most of the locks, Mum did all the windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully stuff over and over again for lots of other floatyboats before Dad finally arrived with ours.

I made some humanfriends during all the waiting time. I also got to meet and greet a few pooch pals too. One was a little border terrier who worked several locks with us. As soon as I got an opportunity, I paid a quick visit aboard his floatyboatyhome. I did a good deed; I cleared up the food that he had carelessly left in his bowl. I mean, what is this 'leaving food' thing? Why would a good self-respecting dog leave food lying around? He must have made a mistake. I sorted that mistake for him. I left his bowl beautifully spotless! When I got back out onto his back deck I found myself trapped! I had to ride up in the lock with his humandad (he was nice. It was OK). My Mummy was up above me doing the lockystuff without me!

For some reason, when I did get to 'hup' onto the lockside to reunite with her, she didn't seem too impressed with me. She kept saying 'I'm so sorry' to the ladyhuman and manhuman. Why on earth was she saying sorry for my good deed?

Tonight we are moored in the middle of nowhere and the air outside is very huffy fuffy. The trees are wagging very hard and floatyboatyhome is a bit wigglyjiggly. We are all cozy inside though. The hotbox is glowing and Mum's lap is comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment