Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 9 October 2017

Good Fuss Times!

Mummy's face was a bit like a bulldog's! I don't understand why she went all screwed up like that. It was her choice to do a peculiar thing with her pawcovers.

It all started with a lovely game of ball-launcher fetch in that little park beside our mooring. That was great! Then we had a cruise to the squirtysnake place. So far, so good. It seemed that our floatyboatyhome needed a drink, and the bins there needed to be fed with a couple of bags from our deck. There was also a sort of big bowl thing with a hole in the bottom and a squirtysnake beside it. It seemed that needed to be fed with the contents of the grey box things that go underneath the human spending bowl. All this was fine. I just enjoyed a pleasant liedown on the grass while all this odd stuff went on.

Then I got the chance to go for a little wander. (Mum said I was a tinker of an opportunist - I have no idea what she meant by that!). I followed my nose. There was a very interesting smell coming from among the trees. Mum blew my recall whistle but, on balance I decided that the smell was more enticing than the little treats Mum gives me when I run back to her. My nose led me to discover a sort of human bed and all sorts of interesting yummies. Mum says it was a homeless person's home.....errr....what??? Anyway. It seems Mum was less than impressed with my discovery and she squelched in after me and hoiked me out with a 'Get back to the boat....Grrrr'. I did as bid.....well....I may have just tried to scoot back for another little investigation of my discovery.....I didn't get away with it though! Harrumph!

Very soon after this, Mum removed her paw covers and that is when her face went all squiffy. This squiffiness got worse when she started to use water, froth and a little whiskerstick thing to groom the bottoms of her pawcovers. This peculiar behaviour then extended to squirting the floor with smellystuff and then stroking it all over with a wet cloth. She then turned her strangeness of attention to MY paws! She almost attacked me with a wet cloth but, after sniffing first (Oi! Sniffing is MY job!) she obviously decided that I could be spared that indignity. Phew!

The rest of the day has been generally fairly sedate - cruising and working locks and meeting and greeting doggypals along the way. I think Mummy still loves me. We had some good fuss times while waiting for the water to do its filling up thing in the locks.

Photo shows me with my front paws up on a lock beam.. Mum is sitting on the beam and we are enjoying some fuss time.

No comments:

Post a Comment