Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Space Invaders!


Ooh! That was a confuddling workywalkies! Much more confuddling for Mum than for me, but I have to admit that I was a tad unsure.

Mum woke up all blurry today. Her first really bad-eyes- day for some time. She didn't even bother putting on her eye windows because, she says, they made no difference. This always means I get to step up and really strut my stuff looking after her. So, that was what I did! We set off along the towpath and into town. I should confess that I did maybe go just a smidgen sulkified cos I thought it was going to be a boring trip to the same places as yesterday. It was a trip to some of the same places, but it certainly wasn't the same old plod! The town had changed. It had been invaded by huge lorries and rumbly trucks and bright coloured twirly things and all sorts of strange machines. Nothing seemed the same at all. All landmarks had changed. All reference points were hidden!
Mum wanted to find the little shop again where we went yesterday (I didn't tell you about that one coz it wasn't worth sniffing!) It had lots and lots and lots of all colours of those strange wound-up blobs of that long whisker that Mum seems to enjoy twisting and twiddling about with a shiny hookstick. That shop was really hard to find with all the invaders. We ended up walking around other parts of the town that we didn't visit yesterday. In the end, Mum said 'Nope! Not this way Oaks. About turn'. We did. Then we went another wrong way....then another.....eventually we found it! Yayy! I got fusses in there from the nice ladyhumanworkyperson. Mum got her blob of long whisker and we set off again. This time, it was a 'Find Specsavers' command. Once again, it was harder to find through all the invaders, but I did found it! More fusses from nice workyhumans!
When we came out of there, we turned along the street. We met Daddy. It seems this was a good job we did find him. We turned straight around and went back the other way!

Then we found humanfriends Peter and Fran, and went to a human yummyery. Under the table I waited patiently for a dropped morsel. NOTHING! Not an atom fell my way! Harrrrumph! I guess that this Tie food must be too good to drop! I may never know......

After enduring that looooooong torture (actually I snoozed quite happily but don't tell Mum that - she needs to know that I am starved!), we set off again through the bewildering invading beasties but then we found a park! Yayyyyy! Daddy was able to look after Mum so I got a freerun! Oooooooh! That was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment