Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 29 November 2017

A Nice Selection!


Mummy's hairy hero! That's me apparently!

We've been working locks together again today - 12 of them! It has been great! I've had lots of edible backup to Mum's praise! I think it means I'm doing a good job. The last few locks were the best though; I got to enjoy a freerun while Mum did all the hefty windy-uppy-windy-downy-pushy-pully-stuff. It all started when a couple of playful pooch pals came by. Mum was nice to me by taking off my harness and lead and letting me 'Go play'. It was only a brief play as they were only passing, but it was a little time of fun anyway. Then, because the light was good and that bit of towpath was really clear and good for Mum, I got to 'freewalk' the rest of the way with her. She says that it is easy to find her way on a gravel path because, if she strays from it, she doesn't crunch anymore! I just pottered around enjoying a sniff here and a weemail there.....and then walked down to the next lock with Mum, waited while she did her stuff then walked back up to supervise her shutting the previous one again after Dad had driven our floatyboatyhome out. We zig-zagged to and fro the distance several times over that way. That meant I got to double and treble check all the local weemail gossip on the way!

These locks have quite high up platform areas around the beams on the bottom gates (the bottom ones are the biggest ones). These have a level access at the top but a sheer drop at the bottom; kind of a wall going down to the grass below. One of them though had a step down even on the top side. I was waiting with Mum while she did her hefting stuff and, just as she was about to fall off this step, I managed to plonk myself across in front of her and prevent her from going any further. I am sure she hadn't realised there was a step there! I got lots of soppy hugs and fusses after that! And a nice selection from Mum's pocket too! Yummmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment