Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Heeheee...haahaaa....heeee.heeee..... Gotcha Mum! Good and proper!

I took Mum for a freerun in Victoria Park. I made sure I played daft so I got lots of treats when she used my ball launcher. (Learning to 'fetch it back' takes a lot of treats to learn!) I wonder how long I can keep up this pretence??? I don't know how to 'drop the ball' unless I need to empty my mouth of it in order to receive the treat on offer......

On the way back, I took a deliciously cooling swim in the river nearby the boat. Apparently that wasn't popular on the way back! Something about soggy doggy inside boat......well....note taken....it meant that I got extra freerun time - allegedly to dry off before returning to the boat.

We walked quite a way along the towpath - I was still freerunning because it is a very good path and the light is nice and bright for Mum to see where she is going on familiar territory (apart from bumping into the odd overhanging tree stick etc!) So, I trotted along nicely enjoying the opportunity for plenty of sniffing and exploring. Then it was time to turn back. I dutifully followed Mum - for a while......then I found a bit of canal bank where I could wade into the water! Well, I thought.....I can't decline such an opportunity can I? Another nice swim (or three!) followed by an especially good 'big shake' all over Mum! Heehee!

This soaking didn't quite have the desired effect though - no further 'drying off' freerun this time! Huff! We did go back to the boat and my lead seems to have got caught on a bracket on the bow deck! Oh well....I have a lovely towel to snooze on in the sun!

Photo of me asleep on a pale blue towel in the sun on the bowdeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment