Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Friday 11 January 2019

Collared!


Scary big beastie lorries!

I took Mummy on a looooooong workywalkies around Bumingham. I'm not convinced it was meant to be that long but Mummy was daft enough to decide to try to find a shop in a bit of town that is less familiar! It just meant that I had to step up to find the way home after she tried to follow the squawked directions from her talkybone.

The first bit of the trip was fairly straightforward; it was 'Let's go find the Posty Office'. It would have been completely straightforward if the walls hadn't been moved! The walls in the city centre seem to have moved everytime we go in there! There is lots and lots of noisy drrrrrrrr-ing and bang-bang-bang-ing going on behind these moving walls. I found the way though - it was only a minor diversion. Mummy got the little parcel from the ladyhuman behind the counter and we set off again.

The next stop was VERY worthwhile! The meat market! The very nice manhuman in there had a hugenormous bone for me! Yesssss!

Then came the rather round-and-about-and-back-again route to try to find this other shop. When we did eventually find it, it didn't have what Mummy wanted anyway! When we came out again, Mummy was all disorientaterated.... disorien..... she was lost! 'Oh Oaks! Where are we? Which way do we go to find home?' I gave her 'the look' and 'the huff'. "Go on then smartypants. Find the way home"... Head up, chin forward, tail high and wagging..... paw perfect! Straight home!

There was the scary moment though - well - Mummy thought it was scary. I just did my job. As we were walking through one of the areas where the walls have moved; a bit where there is usually no traffic - just walkyhumans. Today though, as we were walking up the hill, suddenly I had to guide Mummy off quickly to the side, against the movable wall. There were 4 big growly-rumbly lorries coming towards us! I got us to safety and they grumbled past us, then a hi-viz yellow manhuman with a white bowl on his head came up and asked if we were OK. He said that we shouldn't have been able to be there because we should have been stopped at the barrier. We didn't notice any barrier so it would seem that something went a bit wrong. It all got me a big fuss and praise for being a good boy and doing a good job of keeping Mummy safe!

It was all worth it for the bone! I think this one might keep me occupied for a day or two!

Mummy opened the little parcel we picked up from the Posty Office. It contained two rather smart new collars for me! Mummy says they are handmade especially for me by a nice ladyhuman called Aimee from The Barking Boutique.

Photos:
 
Me with my huge bone.

Me modelling my new hi-viz yellow collar.

Me modelling my new hi-viz blue collar with silver stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment