Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 21 January 2019

Big News!


Well! Where do I begin?

Big news today - and I'm really not sure what to think about it all!

Before I start on that though, I have to tell you all that I have been well and truly megafussed by oodles of deliciously tickly front paws of brown and yellow girlie-minihumans! This evening, we set out on a double bus ride that took us to the building we went to a while ago to meet these brown and yellow people. This time though it was to be presented with a little flappy rectangle that apparently is worth lots of shinydisks. The girlies have all been doing things like sponsored silences (very difficult to do apparently!) and cake sales (wish I could have been there to help 'test' the wares!) and so have raised a very grand £100 towards my Name a Puppy fundraising! And I got paid in carrots, treats and bellyrubs, plus some super fun playing fetch with them all! Not a bad evening's work!

Thank you mega much Brownies!

Now - the big news:
We had visitors. Guide Dogs Mobility Instructor Jenna came, with two canine colleagues. I got all excited. I thought it was going to be fun. I was wrong! Well.... OK.... I did get to have a bit of a play with them both.....before I got imprisoned in Jenna's car! Well..... OK.... I did have the company of Golden Retriever Lilly in there! But....but....but....the other Golden Retriever, Teddy, got to go on a floatyboaty cruise with Mummy and Daddy. Imposter! He .... he.... he..... took my place! I suspect he had a bit of a go at my big bone too..... and my cuddly bunny had a very suspicious smell when I got back aboard later on!

Mummy says that I will definitely be officially retiring at the end of this week. That means I will be going to live with my Daddy Dixon and Aunty Brenda and Uncle Malcolm. Teddy will apparently be taking over my job. It seems he got his water-legs today.

I think I quite like this retirement idea - it seems that it means no more work, but lots more freeruns and leisure fun - with Daddy Dixon. What's not to like about that? I'm not too sure what I think about a young upstart taking over my care of Mummy though. He had better do a good job of it!

4 photos:
Me with Mummy and all the Brownies - getting presented with a giant version of the cheque for the fundraising they have done.
Somewhere in the middle of that ring of brownies is an upside down me - getting some rather delightful bellyrubs.
Getting a big juicy carrot from Susan - the bighuman who looks after the brownies.
Teddy the young upstart Golden Retriever on the back deck with Mummy and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment