Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 6 August 2018

Catching Up!

Coooeeeeee! I is back!

Well, actually, I haven't been away but phweeeessshh! What a week!!!!
We have been doing something called the Boats of Hope mission in this here Ellesmere place. It seems that this 'Mission' thingy involves lots of humanhowling in all sorts of guises, lots and lots and lots of yacketying in all sorts of places, and megamegamegalots of noshing! Human noshing! Not woofy noshing! How mean is that? They have had noshes in human yummyeries, noshes on the towpath, noshes inside floatyboats, noshes with lots of other humans. On most of the days they were even giving away nosh! Hundreds of sausages and burgers - big, mouthdrippy meaty disks......... and cheese n biccies and pupcakes and creamteases and biccies and brownies and and and...... oh it was torture! They didn't give any of it in the right direction! All those meanie humans - and two starving Labradors left with drippy jowls!

Lilly and I had to resort to hoovering the grass in the evenings - just to get a hint of the yumminess that we had been deprived of!

Even, on the occasion that I tried to rescue a pupcake from the binbag, Mummy was mean enough to force my mouth open and confiscate it! She said it was not good for me! She said it was full of sugar and with added sugar on top too. She said she didn't want to face the consequences the next day.

Haaarrrrruuuuummmmppppphhhhhh!

Starvation aside, it seems that mission for me has been simply to be handsome and gleaming and adored! Well, I think I can manage that! Mind you, I even got corrected on my interpretation of 'handsome and gleaming'. I had taken Mummy for a lovely long walkies along the towpath, through a dark tube of doom and out the other end to find a glorious giant puddle to swim in. It was fantabulous!! Just perfect on a hot afternoon! When I sploshed out again onto the towpath, I did a rather spectacular job of drying myself off by rolling on the dusty gravel towpath! I think the golden tones rather suited me! I think Mummy disagreed though: when we got back to flaotyboatyhome, I got frothed! Huff! Then, when I was dry, I got puffed and buffed and polished.

It has been a great week really! It is lovely to be with all our floatyboatyhumanpals, plus my girliefriend Lilly too. There has been oodles of hard work to do, plus lots of fun too. One evening, I got a bit miffed though. We went to a big building where there were lots of humanpups. Some of our floatyboatyhumans were playing football with them and Lilly got to join in but Mummy wouldn't let me. She said I would pop the ball! Well.... surely that is the idea of the game isn't it? I simply didn't get the chance to demonstrate my ball skills! I squeaked and woofed and cried but to no avail. Mum had me firmly clamped to her chair! Huff!

On Saturday, the day of the hundreds of sausages and meatydisks, Mummy wasn't feeling too good. I knew this. I looked after her. It was a really bad, bad eyes days, so I took her for a lovely long walkies along the towpath. Then I spent the rest of the day lying right next to her on the rug on the towpath. She was sitting on the rug on the floor, doing something she called 'Rag-rugging' and getting minihumans to join in. This meant that, even though I was pressed right by her side, making sure she was safe, I got lots of fusses and admirations! It was a very nice way to spend the time doing my duty.

On Tuesday, we went to a humanboozery place for the evening, where humanpals James and Hazel, plus Roger and Miriana did all sorts of humanhowling into black lollipops and they had various noiseboxes too - some with a hole in the middle and a long stick on one side with whiskers along it, some really peculiar things that had little buttons on both ends and a ziggyzaggy squeezy-in-and-out middle bit. I just enjoyed the carpet and kept tucked into the corner out of the way.

On Wednesday evening, it was Mummy's turn to use a black lollipop. This was in a different building and there were people sitting on rows and rows of chairs. Mummy was telling them all about her sightloss and about me and about something called miracles that have got us to be living on a floatyboatyhome. Of course, I simply had to do my bestest job; I had to soak up all the fusses and admirations! It's a tough job sometimes!

Yesterday was a day of unwinding after all the busyness. For me that meant another fantabulous swimming opportunity. I took Mummy and Daddy for a leisurely walkies and that got us to a lake where I found pooch pals to swim and romp in the giant puddle with. This evening, Daddy wanted to go back there when it was almost dark, so he could play with his one-eyed-clickybox. I was happy to accompany him and to demonstrate my swimming in the dark skills! Now, I am nice and soggy and Mummy says she wants a shower.........
 
I shall leave you with a few photos of the week's adventures.
Swimming in the giant puddle. I got quite a long way out.......

......but I swam back again!

Meeting a colleague is always good. This fellow Guide Dog was on hollibobs with his blind ladyhuman mum and dad on his wheeliebuzzer.

Looking after Mummy at one of the humanhowling sessions on the towpath.

Lilly tried on my working harness. I think it rather suited her! She didn't do too badly at guiding her daddy but she went in a bit of a zigzag line across the hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment