Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Friday 20 April 2018

Twitsticks.


Two lessons today:
1 I can't walk on water
2 I know my left and right better than a wheeliewizzer manhuman did today

Daddy was fixed to his seat doing loads of clicketyfingersing so I took Mummy out for a walkies. She didn't bring my harness though. Just my lead and her twitstick.

She wanted to practice using that long white stick with a ball on the end (the one she won't let me play with), so that meant I got to FREERUN!! Yippeee!

We went out of the cage where our floatyboatyhome is in prison, then up and over the bridge and long the looooooong straight towpath. I did keep close to Mummy - especially as she kept jabbing herself in the belly when twitstick got caught on the rough ground. I did rather enjoy the freedom to sniff and run about though.

I spotted a bottle that needed to be rescued from the canal. It was stuck by the edge of a patch of green tufts beside the towpath edge. I strode out to rescue it and went down in a big splosh! It seems that green tufty stuff was NOT solid! Oops! I got Mum with a superb bigshake when I scrabbled back out onto the towpath! Heehee!

Shortly after that, a manhuman on a wheelywizzer yelled out from a way ahead of us 'Keep your stick over to the right darlin. I'm coming'. And he whizzed towards us. Mummy did as he said and moved a little to her right (towards the canal edge), but not too far - the towpath is really wide. He came juddering to a stop and did a really big wobble - right on the edge by the water. He then got all growly at Mummy. I shoved myself by her back legs - between her and him. I wasn't going to let him get my Mummy! I think he was barking some nasty things at Mummy, but then she politely pointed out that she had moved to the right as he had called out. He then kind of hid his face with his front paws and laughed. He burbled something about 'My right, your left'.... and 'I'm sorry darlin'.... Then Mummy's mouth turned up again at the ends, so my tail wagged again too and I got on with my sniffings around.

Humans are so daft and confusing sometimes!

This afternoon, I got doggypal visitors! Isaac the husky x collie and Marley the choccy lab x something huge (maybe mastiff) came to play! It was great fun! We all had a good romp around inside floatyboatyhome cage!

Photo shows me sitting on the hard ground with Isaac and Marley.

No comments:

Post a Comment