Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 14 December 2017

Slippery Ice....

Oopsie! Ahem! Hang head in shame ..... and tail.....after it has finished wagging !...... It seems I rather forgot my manners today......or maybe I just didn't hear Mum calling me and blowing my recall whistle........not once.....of the many times she (apparently) blew it frantically........Ahem.....Oh dear!

Daddy came skidding along the towpath to point out my mistake......but you see, those two passing poochpals; a pair of flat-coat-retrievers - father and 5 month old son......they were just SUCH fun to run with! And their manhuman just kept on walking way on down the towpath, so I just kept on running with the boys.......

That towpath was super skiddy today. Even my four-paws couldn't go in the direction they were supposed to. This made Mum laugh megalots when a passing whippet came along and we tried to play chase. Mum said I was like ScoobyDoo because my legs were going ever so fast but they took me absolutely nowhere! When I did get moving and then tried to stop, I slidded into Mum's legs! I think she forgave me!

 
Before the ice breaking where the canal surface is all solid and flat.

After where it is all broken up into big shards and sheets about 1.25 inches / 3.2cm thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment