Webring

Powered by WebRing.

Monday 22 January 2018

Have Stick, will Travel!

Eleven locks. Loads of towpath workywalkies. A back deck snooze cruise. All this after taking Daddy walkies this morning to a car-vet place.

It all started with Daddy disappearing down into the den of the big growler that lives under the back deck. He was using all sorts of shiny sticks with shaped ends and he filled up a big bottle thing with stinky black stuff. He then came in with a little tiny knob thing from the growler (maybe one of its teeth? or maybe a claw? Ooooh shudders!). He put it in his pocket and we set off to the car-vet place. When we were almost there though, we turned round and went all the way back again. Mummy appeared and passed something called a wollit to Daddy through the cage-bars (floatyboatyhome was in a caged off place). Then we set off again on exactly the same route. This time we actually went to the car vet place. It seems they didn't have whatever medicine thing the growler needed! Daddy was all disappointed. I walked him all the way home again. Mummy made him a hot brown drink and that seemed to make his mouth go up again at the ends, then he disappeared back into the growler's den, did some more shiny stick twiddling and finally emerged with black spodges on him!

Once the den was sealed again, it was safe and so we set off. I workywalkiesded Mummy along the towpath and Daddy brought floatyboatyhome along behind us. It was a good job I was wearing my super scruffy super old harness because it was really squishymuddy in places. I had to work hard to keep Mum from slip-sliding. She forgot my noseband (heehee! Good job Mummy! Sniggers). It was OK though, I kept my mouth occupied with a lovely big stick. It was a wonderful stick! I decided I really like it. It was my pal for the journey! I carried it all the way to the first lock where it kept me company while Mummy did all her windy-uppy-pushy-pully-windy-downy stuff. By the time she had finished all that my stick was in shreds! I left him there to recover!


No comments:

Post a Comment